(Click to enlarge image)
The Platt Brothers & Company manufactures both simple “As Cast” zinc rod for “pencil type” anode applications in which the rod is “turned” to produce a thread to allow the anode to be screwed into place in any given application. These types of anodes are commonly used aboard ships, small and large, construction equipment engine compartments such as earth movers and in many, many other galvanic protection applications. Platt also produces a special rod product line is “Rolled” which means the rod is worked to produce a tight grain structure that allows the rod to be pliable and coiled or wound onto reels and paid off in packages from 500 to 5,000 pounds.
Zinc Rod Specifications
- Alloys meet the latest revisions of ASTM B69 for Special High Grade Zinc Composition, ASTM B418, Type I and II and Mil 18001K, Type I and II.
- Available diameters for As Cast Rod are ½”, 5/8″, ¾”, 7/8″, 1.00″, 1.125″, 1.250″, 1.375″ and 1.500″.
- Rolled Rod is available in industry standard sizes of 3/8″ and ½” with special order capability for other diameters, please send your inquiry detailing diameter required and quantity needed.
- A different Rod product is available called Type ZRN, it is a Mil Spec Standard produced to strict testing parameters for Military Application, these rods are supplied in diameters ranging from .405″ to 1.050″.
- The capability to provide rod products in many diameters and quality grain structures allows Platt to investigate many possible rod applications, including cored rods. We have produced cored rods with both steel and copper cores and would welcome requests for new applications and trials.
Zinc Rod Applications
Platt’s zinc rod and related products are used in many industries for a wide range of applications. They are most commonly used as sacrificial anode to prevent corrosion of critical metal components in the construction and maritime industries. Its wide use in the maritime industry results from the need to protect against the constant exposure to salt and brackish water.
No reviews yet.
Let users know what you would have wanted to know about this company.